PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - finally a job but.... BUT....!
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 22:18
number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally a job but.... BUT....!

hi guys,

I need some opinions about my situation:

I'm almost 34, got my frozen ATPL, MEP/IR, MCC, 600TT yada yada yada a few years ago and no jobs as a pilot..
I have now a good and stable job which pays off quite well, different environment of course....

Suddenly something has moved for me in the aviation frame and it seems I can have a job as a copilot in a small airtaxi company in my city ....

I went there a few times, got acquainted with everyone, started to update jeppesen .. saw the plane, spoke with pilots and captains... but...
first of all I need to pay my type rating .... which will be more or less 13K pounds.... after which I will have to do 40 legs and no pay... (period that can take from 1-2 months to 3-4) and only then I'll have a contract... which seems it will be ridiculous in term of pay, say 40% less than what I'm making now ..... plus I'll have to keep into account 3 to 5 months without salary, and the type rating .....

So, at the very beginning I was trilled... but now I started to have my doubts ... I know this airtaxi company would be only a beginning, because no one is willing to be there .... but it's a good training and beginning for sure....

I don't have a family to support but my family can barely support me, I do have my job but don't really have a lot saved .....

What would you guys do? Do you think it's a difficult decision? Becaise I can't see things clearly no more.

thank you!