PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Execujet Middle East
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 22:03
sohat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EJME

EJME has been having these problems for years and it is now exacerbated by their tremendous growth.

The point that everyone seems to be missing in my opinion, is that all of these problems are a direct result of poor management at the upper echelons of EJME. For example, it is not fair to blame HA because HA's bosses should not have allowed him to assume the acting position of Chief Pilot. At the end of the day all of these events are happening on one guy's watch, the ultimate authority at EJME.

An experienced and strong Chief Pilot is needed at EJME, again. They have had this in the past but he was not supported by upper management and resigned his position. The upper management at EJME do not to my knowledge have a strong operations background so hopefully they will find an individual with this experience and trust and support him to a point of not micro-managing or interfering with him.

As an individual that has knowledge of EJME I might also suggest that they focus a bit more on customer service and not get caught up in this more is better attitude. It would be better in my mind to manage 5 airplanes properly than 10 airplanes improperly, less your reputation suffer. If you go form 5 to 10 airplanes then staff for the expansion. For example, I know from personal experience that the EJME maintenence department is very short staffed.

In addition, it is definitely shocking to see 5 plus ACASS pilots at the JW Marriot at any given time contracted to EJME (at least one that did not fly for a month). These excessive costs are passed on to the owner which is wrong. If EJME would just offer industry average salaries and benefits, such as business class travel they would save considerable money for the owners. It is almost always cheaper to spend the money for retention than for replacement.

I truly feel that EJME has already capitalized on an excellent opportunity in this expanding market and I hope that they continue to shine but they will only do so at the strength of their people.