PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Police Helicopters used as Air Ambulances
Old 21st May 2008, 21:56
C.Korsky-Driva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pie Man

Perhaps I should explain. If you have a pool of resources and you need one air ambulance and one Police machine then that's what you draw from the pool. If you need to use (one of) the standby machine because their is a major todo in your area then you get what you need. If you have a seasonal need in tourist areas then likewise.

If you ask a Turkey what he thinks about Christmas there's a fighting chance you can guess his reply. Therefore, based on the old addage of 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing then you can guess what Sussex boys will say if you asked them how good the service was. Now ask them if they could do more and do it better if they had two machines. Predictable I know but in view of your comments Mr Pie Man, I have to make the point. Believe me Men and Women Of Sussex, you don't know what you are missing doing it in this cheapskate way. Just publish your dispatch protocols then we can all have a good laugh. How far up the clinical priority list does an unconscious faller come compared with a hot pursuit of a much wanted ned who has just stabbed a copper.

Sorry about being so hard-nosed about this but nobody in this position should ever do anything other than confess that it comes a poor second to doing it properly. To do so would just perpetuate the myth than you can be good at two jobs with just one (compromised) resource.

CKD