PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TOM stall?
Thread: TOM stall?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 20:42
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non - pilots

Rainboe & co,

I appreciate your point re. non pilots posting; I don't make much attempt to hide my identity, trust anyone sadly interested knows me.

In fact I ( and a lot of others ) learn a lot from reading such threads - including this one - and I have done a lot of unofficial 'hands-on' with light aircraft - including the true Hollywood scenario of my trusty hungover / maybe drugged pilot passing out on me, it really does happen !

Leaving me to circle until he came round...

He did, so I didn't have to knobble any future career of his with an emergency - always wondered if I should have, but the interviwers seemed to have him sized up anyway. NOT anything to do with Dunsfold BTW.

So while a little learning is a dangerous thing, it seems better than nothing !

BTW I knew a Flight Engineer on Concorde; he reckoned he & his colleagues tried to recreate the Sioux City recovery in a Sim, and anyone who got within 40 miles was doing very well ! Respect indeed ! You may be able to corroborate that.

On reflection I am qualified to 'pilot' anything up to 200 tons, but that's at sea level ( or less if I really screw up ) with an IAS unlikely to exceed 30 knots !

Yours, slightly trained in aeronautics, trials / aerial photographer...