PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Emirates too big for its boots?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 20:12
Gulf News

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well overdue comment

This has been brewing for years yet in the past none of the local press would dare say anything disloyal about the almighty EK. The fact is that perhaps articles like this are the only way that the top floor management will get to hear that things are not all roses on the shop floor. The middle management wouldn't dare pass bad news up wards for the fear of being held accountable. This has been the Emirates culture since long before I joined some 10 years ago.

This will have repercussions though sadly not positive, cabin crew ground staff and standby for a scathing email from KG or TG threating all sorts of horror. Unfortunately the root causes will be overlooked and life will continue as normal.

Whilst I am usually quick to promote the Emirates product from a flight deck point of view I find my travel experiences with the company mediocre to say the least. I am extremely grateful to be able to avail of an ID90 F seat however if I was paying full fare to witness some of the shockers I have of late as a passenger I too would be looking to the like of EY to fulfill my travel needs.