PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Taxi incident Carcassonne
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 18:27
Based

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASFKAP, what exactly do you mean by reliability grounds? That they might not get you there on time? Putting Ryanair's own claimed puncuality stats aside, on average they still tend to perform at least as well if not quite a bit better than other European carriers.

This company you talk of just sounds like yet another willing to waste cash on portraying a particular image. I don't see how this is relevant to any claimed reliability or safety issues regarding Ryanair.

It's interesting you claim that you 'personally don't use them because of safety concerns, but thats because I worked there.' If anything I would of thought that you'd be relatively happy to continue using Ryanair if you were able to see their pilot training and approach to saftey from the inside.

To me what people seem to overlook is that a major incident is quite likely to have a much greater impact on Ryanair (or any other LCC) than on the likes of BA. If the BA 777 Heathrow accident was a Ryanair aircraft my guess is the Ryanair sales would've taken a much greater hit than whatever BA have experienced making safety arguably even more important to Ryanair - certainly from a cold-hearted accountant's point of view!