PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Things you find on Google Earth
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 15:32
Xeque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD

This is the image I'm talking about.

No-one moves aircraft around like that on an active runway. And in any case, both are showing flaps in landing configuration so they are certainly not manouvering from A to B.

If it was a duplicated image as suggested by others here then why isn't the aircraft on the taxiway in the bottom left hand corner duplicated also?

I accept that it is possible that the image of the arriving Easyjet and the movements on the ground at Stansted may be from two different timeframes. That is why I made the point that I'd looked for image breaks between the two but could find none.

Someone else mentioned that you can see the date/time stamps of the images used on Google but I don't think my version supports that. I would be happy to be proven wrong here if someone could show me how.

What isn't clear is why two aircraft are queued at the exit from 23. Basically that is the question I'm asking. The fact that a third aircraft is approaching from the opposite direction may well prove to be erroneous. I really hope so.