PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fairford or Duxford
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 13:52
treadigraph
Gnome de PPRuNe

Received 337 Likes on 186 Posts
MoTF, is Fairford 25 mins down the road normally or during IAT?

I have never actually been down the western end at Duxford during a display, prefer the eastern end which is usually OK, and it's near the bar!

As JEM60 says, Fairford seems to be too much the same stuff and the odds of missing the things you really want to see (and there aren't many of them for me) while stuck in a traffic jam miles from the airfield are fairly high. And I know I could set of at 00:mygoditsearly hours but I really prefer to have a good night's kip, otherwise I nod off while the Tornado's turning around in the next county (or country - Wales is almost close enough!) and awaken with a start... Last time I went (93? the MiGs collided the day before) I went by train and bus via Swindon - even the bus got stuck for hours on its special route...

Ah Shuttleworth, yes, fits in with all my criteria and I simply must get there at least once this year! An evening display for preference...

By the way, MoTF, Duxford Eagles and Batchy, cracking pics on your photo threads as usual - I haven't had the pleasure of a Merlin or any other interesting engine (except for the odd Gipsy Major) within earshot so far this year (unless that muffled roar I heard in the office the other day was the Hurri going into Biggin - but over Croydon?) but your images do wonders in staving off the deprivation I feel. Is the Comet going to fly again or is she remaining ground bound?

KMB01, sorry, handsome pilots don't do it for me but big ice creams do and as I've never been (except for the PFA or whatever it became known as) it's probably high time I did. May well see you there!

Cheers

Treadders