PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OpenSkies? Sell your soul
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 12:59
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jesus christ Watertheflowers,

YOu have managed to miss the point completely haven't you.

I assume you are referring to Emirates...if so then as there isn't a union in EK then there couldn't have been a recruitment ban eh?
Instead of whinging on here about displaced Fo's how about you chanel your energy into getting union recognition at EK. then and only then can you use collective bargaining to negotiate with your employer. Otherwise i'm afraid they will do as they like...

BALPA aren't objecting to openskies, nor the pay, nor external pilot recruitment. What we want is PROTECTION so that if Openskies is the great success we ALL hope it is, we don't end up with a jetstar/Qantas situation.

I suggest before posting such accusations in future you at least get the facts right as it just makes you look a bit daft otherwise....

And what the hell have BA retirees got to do with anything...once they have left BA then they are free to take up a position of their choosing. As i have said above, i believe no recruitment ban was in place or i'm sure many would not have applied.

And one last thing...i see you object to command upgrades on a non-seniority basis; tell me what system they are using at openskies again?

Last edited by 3Greens; 21st May 2008 at 13:10.