PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OpenSkies? Sell your soul
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 12:23
biddedout

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Dave,

If BA say that they are to recognise BALPA in Open skies, then I assume it will have a Company Council just like the BACC and an appointed full time official. Their job will be to provide help and support for anyone who has a problem with their employer. I really don't understand what this so called ban has to do with the level of support that BALPA will provide. If, as you suggest, there will be no support provided, then why would BALPA seek recognition in OS?

If I were to apply to OS (which I am not) i would expect the same level of support to be provided by BALPA as i enjoyed last time I was a BA subsidiary employee and I am sure I would get it.

Just supposing three or four competent and preferably battle hardened reps were to emerge within OS. If they were to work with a top rate BALPA negotiator (there are one or two) and if OS had a high quality well trained management team in place, who truly undestood the concept of working together for the benefit of all, it could be possible to adapt these terms and conditions to create a good quality package which was well matched to the type of operation along with the pilots aspirations and with little or no exta cost to the company.

I know that given the right team BALPA could do it, but this would of course mean having a management team which didn't link competence to golfing ability and funny handshakes. An incentive scheme not driven by short term bonuses would also help.

Back to the drawing board then.

Last edited by biddedout; 21st May 2008 at 12:38.