PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK DEC bashing again
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 10:32
pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK DEC bashing again

Now that the tension about the bonus and the payrise has gone, the attention of the fos goes right back to when their upgrade is due or not. Very much understandable. If however it is not right around the corner, the silly dec bashing picks up again. Actually I shouldn’t care, but reading some arguments, I can’t help buggering about this:
When making the decision to join EK or not, everyone gathers information. Not necessarily only on pprune, where the majority are whingers and sometimes complain just for the sake of it. As many of the fos point out, if you dig in the EK stuff, the regulations stipulate a distinct order of occupying the lh seat. They are then disappointed if the company does not abide to its own rules. Fair enough and understandable again. But let me ask you a few questions:

Wouldn’t it sound logical that a aspiring dec would have done the same?
Wouldn’t he have come up with the same initial information and based on them have made his decision that joining would be a fair game?
Couldn’t he be as surprised as the fos that EK is changing their rules to their liking?

Once a dec has joined and completed his training, he will then discover what really goes on. By that time he has left his old company and country for good, settled in, his family as well. Here’s another follow up question:
Do you fos then really think or expect them to say, wow, that is not right. I will instantly give up my left seat in favour of a senior fo and will line up at the end of the queue?

I suggest you stop whinging and bashing decs, it’s useless. Concentrate on your upcoming upgrade. It’s not a piece of cake. We know, we’ve been through very much the same hassle. Sometimes even worse, as lots of trainers didn’t like us and help from the right was at times pretty thin. The failure rate of upgrades shows some lack of taking the whole thing seriously. There is no conspiracy of company and decs vs. fos, just try to deliver what they ask for. And you will also need help, be it from the rh seat or from a trainer, who might just happen to be a dec.

Life’s a bitch and you are in the sharks pool now.