PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OpenSkies? Sell your soul
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 07:46
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How you can call this a gentlemans profession when we are debating pilots choosing to ignore IALPA recruitment bans is beyond me.

And for all those that have chosen to join Openskies...you have NO bloody idea what the current management ethos is in British Airways because they will drain every last drop of morale from your soul. I have seen the contract; are some of you blind? the terms and conditions are appalling.

- No seniority, so any upgrades will be to the biggest brownnoser/ Robin glovers golf pals.
- company can cancel your leave at any time - awesome, that'll be interesting to tell the wife and kids!
- company can vary ANY aspect of your duty from time to time - i can see British Airways taking FULL advantage of that.

I wouldn't like to make that commanders discretion extension on a snowy January night in NYC after my third 2 man B2B in a month.
For comparison i have just got back from a 2 man JFK B2B...still knackered 2 days later and the weather etc on the East coast was benign so it was as easy as atlantic crossings ever get. The thought of doing it 3 times + a month fills me with dread.

CAn someone who is employed with Openskies please give us a breakdown of previous employment because i would be interested who exactly has worse conditions in the Western world.