PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 21st May 2008, 06:54
apparently

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe with V you will be rostered to around 100 hours per 28 days which is total roster time not just flying time and you will earn overtime for duty in excess of 120 hours. However, 120 hours is very tiring when talking about longhaul and is not sustainable on a month to month basis. Also no overtime on each duty especially when we are talking SYD - LAX is a bit rich! Talk to anyone at Jetstar International and see how they feel about being rostered SYD - DPS - SYD (almost 17 hours duty, sometimes twice in one week) with no overtime or sector pay and see how disgruntled they are. It seems inhumane to expect any crew to work long sectors without overtime!!! At least QCCA pay such extras. No one to my knowledge has been given any detailed information regarding the exact conditions on offer with V, so as this information comes to light, please consider your decision to sign up accordingly. I sincerely hope the offer will be a lot more than those already posted on this site. Good luck!