PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chieftain Drivers NT
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 05:53
Chadzat

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
When this thread popped up about THAT ad, I thought someone would have already said what I am about to say-

Reading 'their' advert on AFAP I couldn't help but think of why you would actually send in a full application with only those details to go on. Not only that but as a poster on this thread even enquired about the company name only to be told "you will find out when we arrange an interview". WHAT ARROGANCE!

Apparently this sort of thing (no company given in ad) happened all the time a few years ago when pilots were more plentiful, but I must admit I wasn't around in the industry in those dark days 5 odd years ago. There is no way I would apply for a job when I don't even know who I am applying to, where they operate, where they fly to (region if charter)etc...... How do they expect you to do an interview!? Question: "Why do you want to work for XXX charter?" Answer: "If thats who you are then no way do I want to work for XXX charter!"

Surely there is a consumer/industrial relations law that says in a publically displayed job ad the company name must be given, or recruitment company name if done that way.

end rant