PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL sued over 911
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2001, 06:22
polzin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At this time I'm not going to take a position one way or another on this lawauit against UAL. Why? Because originally when I heard about the McDonalds Hot coffee lawsuit I was totally against the lady . However that was before I read an article in that capitalistic newpaper The Wall Street Journal. There had been over 30 similar incidents of super hot coffee burning customers to the point of them needing surgury. Mac was able to get more cups of coffee from a pound of coffee than any other fast food company in America. Why? Just a wild guess, but I think that super hot water gets more cups of coffee that has some dark color than cold water. ( American beer is near water and so is Mac coffee.) The jury that awarded the large settlement to her was trying to send a message to a large corporation. It has to be a large award to get their attention. Dont believe it? Just look at the Justice Department fineing Microsoft $1,000,000 per day recently until they stopped a Monopolistic business practise. Did they stop? NO! Because they were making more money by ignoring the Justice Dept. and paying the fine.