PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Willie Walsh story
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 17:57
Mick Stability

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The man's deceit knows no bounds. Just wait to see what he intends doing to the pilots. His vision for the future of British Airways is bleak indeed for the people who deliver the safe operation of his aircraft everyday. The sort of people that his own internal report credits with saving hundreds of lives aboard BA038.

You should see the T&Cs for Open Skies, they'd make O'Leary blush. It's clear that this is to be the new order in Willy's World.

We have one hope, that the High Court challenge to the strike action succeeds and force can be brought to bear on Willy directly. He doesn't fear us, but he is afraid of the reaction of the city and the institutionals to anymore 'disasters'.

If we don't stop him now then the profession of the airline pilot is finished. We might as well become forklift operators. I'm not prepared to see that happen to the job I love, and I'm damned if I'm going to abandon it to a man like Walsh. The farm goes on this one because I don't want anything to do with Willy's dream. This is the Rubycon.

Hope to see you on the other side.