PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Flex / De Rated take offs safe?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 16:51
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but I am left with the conclusion that you are demanding that the Runway left after V1 be of sufficient length to allow a stop.
Last time i counted, there were 5 versions of the FAR detailing accelerate stop requirements, YOUR aircraft may have been certified to a different standard to the one parked beside you, so in some cases, you are allowed to pass V1 and react, but in more modern aircraft, it is assumed that VEF occurs 1 second prior to V1 and that you have initiated your action by V1. The Boeing Takeoff Safety guide advocates that if you reach V1, its go time!

You have never seen airliners routinely use up all the runway to get off?
Right from the cockpit, its amazing how rapidly a Classic747 eats up a Field Length Limited runway

I have never in 20 years of flying had anyone tell me they were reducing thrust so they could 'add reliability' to thier engines...I have never seen anyone burn up more runway using reduced thrust so 'thier flight will be safer'
You obviously havent spoken to the right people Here ended the discussion as we will never convince you until such time that you start flying an aircraft where the engine life isnt constant

Now considering that you consider us dangerous, i will give you the topic for your next thred...... Is a 15feet screen height safe on a wet runway?

It was fun.... thanks..

Mutt