PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OpenSkies? Sell your soul
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 15:42
joe two

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we shouldn't be surprised to know that there are quite a few 757/767 captains and F/O's who are really interested in Openskies.

You can't blaim them really, they have their families and/or themselves to take care for and the future for them at Flyglobespan, XL ,Jet2 ,Thomson and all those mainland charters operating on 757/767 like Arkefly and Jetairfly is starting to look a bit grim beyond 2008.
Compared to those operators , terms and conditions don't differ a lot and one could imagine there might even be more job security at Openskies.

There is some smoke screen of putting openskies pilots on the BA seniority list but what we are really talking about is the fact that we are talking about putting BA pilots on the openskies planes and nothing less or more.
And that means a stop on direct entry captains does it not ?

I guess there will be quite a few BA F/O's happy with that.
But will that really happen or is it wishfull thinking ?
Normally a new start up requires direct entry captains don't they ?

and to mention other UK airlines T&C's will erode because BA's T&C's are eroding (which they are not by the way, they'll mean openskies T&C's don't they) goes a bit far doesn't it ?
I very seriously doubt that ThomsonFly T&C's will be eroded by the openskies start up. Same goes for all the other operators.