PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Flex / De Rated take offs safe?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 15:13
airfoilmod

SSG

Sir- I'm honestly interested in your opinion, my friend flies the X for a local Company, loves the power and mystique.

Your last post was directed to Mutt, but if I may, could I ask you a couple questions?

I have seen airliners of all description "use all the Runway". I have seen a video of a Tupe using the overrun, launching a climb at 200fpm, scary.
If the discussion is about V1, my assumption is that when the crew calculate the numbers, the Runway Length is a definite player. I am not clear what consideration you are giving to the takeoff roll Post V1, doesn't that involve using addl Runway? Once V1 is attained, and I think this is important, what you are looking for is enough Runway left to Launch, not enough left to stop. All considerations relative to Takeoff have a "fresh" point, a time certain where they become irrelevant, as the Flight has transitioned from a Truck with Wings to an Aircraft with wheels. I may not be understanding all your posts, but I am left with the conclusion that you are demanding that the Runway left after V1 be of sufficient length to allow a stop. It is Not. It isn't supposed to be. Am I missing your point?

I should have posted this on the V1 thread, my apologies- Airfoil

Last edited by airfoilmod; 20th May 2008 at 15:29.