PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Taxi incident Carcassonne
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 11:33
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crewcost
You are a total ****.
Not only have I had good flights on RYR, with professionalism and courtesy.
But our company uses RYR to position crews and we are satisfied with the safety and punctuality.
I also have personal knowledge of the training standards within RYR and would stand their training up against any other UK operator, rating them in the top 10%.
Their training captains are some of the most experienced 737 pilots that I have met, and they dont pass students because they have paid for a course.
As a trainer with over 6000 hours on the 737, I know what I am talking about.
RYR operate into smaller airports and some of those have only come into the jet age because RYR operate there, the airports have problems with their training and personnel retention.
Whilst you cannot rely on the marshaller (Thomas Cook 757-300 LYS) the responsibility rests with the captain, if he is unsure he can stop and call for a wing tip clearance check, might take 5 mins to arrange but better than damage to the aircraft.
Clipping a pier happened to me once when following the yellow brick road at CDG, I was F/O the pier was on my side, it was not parked correctly and as I called stop we rocked into the pier breaking a nav light.
As to other posters here who only exist to knock RYR, you can have your own forum and not waste band width for those who actually have something constructive to say.
Every airline has incidents just check the FDM statistics for the facts.
RYR are bashed for any event in which their name is mentioned, others are omitted because their operation is considered by some as safer.

There is no such thing as a pilot who does not make mistakes.
But there are two types of pilot, those who have and those who will.