PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Taxi incident Carcassonne
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 09:56
lgw_warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you know what; I’m getting pig sick of this website! PPRUNE = PROFESIONAL PILOTS rumour network, not disgruntled pax who has no knowledge of aviation and once had a hard landing when sat in row four.com (DPWHNKOAAOHAHLWSIRF.com)I am a pilot, based in the UK flying commercially in Europe, however I do not work for Ryan air , but know plenty of guys that do. Again, as mentioned before in previous threads, they operate 1200 flights per day, every day! They hit a wingtip on a blast fence and every tom, dick and harry who once watched ‘flight deck’ on discovery channel pipes up and gives his piece like he knows what he’s talking about. Have any of the ‘back seat drivers’ on here ever actually taxied a 737-800? Maybe in flights 2000 on a Sunday afternoon. Guys, it’s not really that easy!
To pick up on few things that gets mentioned by obvious SLF posters,
Firstly BHD, aka Belfast harbour, George best airport and the passenger who lost his CD player, ITS VERY SHORT! In fact I should imagine its pretty much on the limits of a 737,the aircraft needs to be put on the runway asap, why don’t you fly next time with BMI on their A319,im sure you will have the same experience!
Taxying in kerry, ive been there, it’s a very tight ramp, hence a tight turn is required, do you fly the 737-800, it’s quite long! There is no other way to get out of the parking stand, and it’s the only place to park without blocking the ramp.
Regarding the speedbrake, it’s a very slippery aircraft to handle, more so than the earlier 737-3/4/5 etc. the wing doesn’t allow slow down and go down. You mention heading in towards ABBOT hold? from Kerry? more like LOREL hold me thinks (letter arrives on chief pilots desk, he immediately notices this mistake, as he has flown from Kerry to stansted before, and files letter appropriately, file marked ‘bin’).ATC ask you to descend FL90, and reduce 220 kits, in the 738 its tricky, also if your familiar with the approach into STN, 220 kits from 6000 down to 3000, level in 8 miles, speed brake or flaps required!.
Come-on Danny and other moderators, this website used to do exactly what it said on the tin, a place for PILOTS to come on and discuss PILOT things, chat about tricky approaches, incidents etc. A place where we could discuss anonymously and maybe learn a thing or two in the process, now it just seems to be a place where some disgruntled pax can come on and get involved in things they know nothing about and use it to vent their anger/slag of an airline, and Ryan air seems to get a lot of it.
I would no longer use this site as a learning or informative tool, as I’m sure it was originally set up for, simply because it just gets hijacked by muppets!
Is there any possibility we could have a genuine pilot’s forum (licence number required?) and leave all the others to slag of Ryanair and other airlines/landings/cd player mishaps/drink spillages/toilet paper not soft enough/bumpy turbulence etc?!!?

LGW warrior.Pilot.

and ASKAP,it Skavsta, not Skavska.