PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Social Thread
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 09:29
poss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankfully I was wearing my wetsuit.....

I saw it, it's a thread that every once in a while pops up. Basically people have gone the modular route or intergrated through a training organisation like Oxford or Cabair thinking that once its all done they will be picked up by an airline and them fund the T/R, they then realise, after all of their hard work that it doesn't actually happen like that. It's these flight schools faults as they advertise as if your definitely garanteed a job. Aviation is a dirty game to get into, finding that first job is difficult. We are very lucky that we are on an airline specific course and that at the end of it all we have a very good chance of been picked up by one of the partner airlines. A lot of wannabes would kill for a chance like ours.
Another point would be the insecurity of the job, recently I have heard of around 14 LCC going out of business, 1 or 2 from the UK but mostly in America. Those pilots are all jobless and who do you think recruiting airlines are going to choose to pilot their aircraft? Those captains and senior F/O's that have many thousands of hours on type or fresh cadets that require a T/R with only 250ish hours.
It's a cruel game but as said CTC offer a unique oppertunity, they do exactly what is said on the tin, as long as you pull your weight and do well.