PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 20th May 2008, 07:40
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My only comment to this is the original poster is complaining he can't find a job when it is apparent he hasn't been doing any flying since qualifying (I assume this as reference to doing an instructor rating has been made).

If he had been a full time instructor for the last two or three years then I would feel sympathy. But if you sit around with a 250 hour CPL/IR making no effort to further your flying then you cannot expect to get employed.

I will add is I do still keep close contacts with colleagues from my previous industry, incase I do change my mind one day. But if ever I do get fed up of flying, I will always think if I wasn't doing this I would be stuck back in the design office. If ever do go back to the old career in the event that I no longer want to/can't fly at least I will be satisfied that flying wasn't for me.

Better to have tried then to be forever thinking what if?

Remember no one asked you to become a pilot it is voluntary. Also if you hadn't have done your training you can bet you would be on this forum in ten years time asking am I too old to train?

Last edited by portsharbourflyer; 20th May 2008 at 07:52.