PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 20th May 2008, 07:08
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 203 Likes on 72 Posts
African Drunk - I think my wife was in pony club with half the damed county, I'll drop you a PM.

This is turning into an intersting thread. You see people who've not made, who have but it cost them dearly in time or money or health or reltionships. Then you see people who've made it but are then unsure whether its really worth it.

Personally I love the job and had a comparatively painless journey to destination. Even so I'm looking to go part time and develop other interests both business and domestic. At the end of the day you work for your kids and the most valuable thing you can give them is your time. Not money.

Once this is understood and part of your life then the attractions of job that can see you away from home for long periods, and an income that hangs off the thread of your next medical/economic cycle/simcheck, suddenly seems less attractive than it did when you were somewhat younger and more thrusting.

There's an old old anecdote that doubtless many of you will have read before but I'll repeat anyway. It goes something like this.