PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Blue on-board announcements
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 04:46
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
happy for the fun to be put into aviation - can even tolerate the odd tired attempt at humour leading into the VB safety PA (albeit with a bit more work on the pronounciations and the read pace)....just can't stand to see all the demo gear spread out on the floor of the single aisle and then be assaulted by a barrage of PA's every 5 minutes trying to sell me IFE, a rent a car, a day old sandwich or a blow up Richard Branson doll.

To be fair and to demonstrate balance, QF amongst most others also needs to review the PA's and the delivery - some of the girls (...and boys) sound like an 80 year old drag queen after they have finished the half marathon.

No matter which airline there's no subsitute for clear CONCISE well presented AND RELEVANT PA's .... just not too many of them and make sure that the PA's are done by a single 'voice' that sounds professional.

PS: Tip for other drivers - have you heard how your own PA's sound in the cabin? - a recording made me rethink mine! - a quick check before boarding to make sure the mic is not 'popping' or muffled is also a good habit to adopt.........................."hello world...."