PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - use of reverse?
Thread: use of reverse?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 22:18
inbalance

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
SSG,

So what your saying is...'can I get away with getting into a field using reverse because the non reverse numbers won't make it...in a foreign country'.
Yes, thatīs exactly what I wanted to say.

I have to apologise that I didnīt make it that clear. I am ICAO english 4 only, if that counts.

So you think I can do it that way, as long as I take into acount that the reversers could fail and I still can stop the aircraft with brakes only.

I donīt want to show anybody a finger. My plan is to get a thumbs up for that from our authorities in advance. But before that I want to make shure, that I havenīt overread something.
I studied the related Papers for 3 Month now and I couldnīt find anything against it. So I started to talk to more experienced people, but all they had to say was that I canīt use the reversers for planing.

Nobody could tell me where it is written, but they all where shure that it is prohibited. All I could find is an old german law, the LuftBO. The LuftBO sayed that you canīt use reversers. But the LuftBO was replaced by JAR-OPS.
I think they all havenīt recognized that this old Law is no longer valid and even Instrucors still teaching it the old way.
FAR 25 might be different, but there are still a lot of FAR 23 aircraft still in production.

Inbalance