PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 19th May 2008, 21:51
Treeshaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kanu, what you say is true, I love flying but have identified a different career which I think am now going to pursue. Im not in a bad position, I have a decent degree and I'm going to venture into the world of graduate recruitment, something which I was desperate to avoid three years ago!
I hate to eat humble pie but I can't put my life on hold for ever. Otherwise I'll be a penniless old man, still drinking super tennants on a monday night waiting for the phone to ring / email to be sent. Lets face it, we're on the verge of a recession and low hours pilots will be the first to be hit.

Ill get an FI rating and instruct at weekends, send a couple of CVs out a week perhaps but I aint gonna let it eat out my soul anymore. Hell, maybe I'll be able to look at a plane again without my stomach turning!

Looking forward to being a normal person again,

Treeshaver.

ps, when looking at the results of this poll, just remember that those who have walked away from aviation will generally not be here to vote.