PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Taxi incident Carcassonne
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 21:22
matblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly weekly with many different airlines (even Mesopotamia! when Sterling switched my plane). I use Ryanair regularly. I'm not a pilot but I've had some time in a little Piper! Colour blindness prevents me from bothering with a pilots licence. I am also well read technically and take a keen interest in aviation and always have. Even in as far as reading FAA AD's etc.. I have never had anything but the utmost confidence in Ryanair and never in all of the past few years have I ever felt cause for concern. So called "heavy" landings and "sharp" breaking commonly referred to by most SLF are actually quite normal landings really. Not just Ryanair landings. It also depends on whereabouts you are sitting. If you sit right at the back you feel it more. In some of the severe weather we've had with very high cross winds it's amazing to see how well these guys handle it. You are just willing them to plant it down in the last few metres. Mistakes will happen and I'm sure they will quickly be investigated and preventive action taken. We've had incidents will all airlines it just seems that people want to have a go just because it's Ryanair. If they disappeared tomorrow there would be a big hole in the aviation employment sector. If you look through such other "minor" incidents over the past couple of years you will see that most airlines have had something whether it be a Thomas Cook Airbus (now there's a heavy landing) or a Sterling landing over the top of another aircraft lined up at CPH, clash of wings at MAN, etc..