PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing what you know now about this game, wud you have done it all in the 1st plce?
Old 19th May 2008, 20:47
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three years? My friend that is nothing, merely your first attempt. It took me a lot longer to achieve anything Even now, it hardly pays the bills. I know it feels bad but it's merely a setback. If I listed my setbacks, you would rip open that can and slit your wrists. You would need a really big violin to accompany my tale of woe! If my life was a movie it would be a disaster movie.

Have I ever given up? Well yes actually, several times but I kept being drawn back. Now I fly for a living (almost) and am enjoying it. The future looks optimistic buy my experience tells me there are no certainties. Even now I look to a future without flying.

Would I do it again? The answer is a definite maybe. Right now, ironically I would walk away if the right ground job opened up and I would simply instruct on my days off. I would miss flying but everything comes to an end. Age knocks the edge off enthusiasm.

No 'chin up' optimism from me. The only reason to give up is if you don't enjoy flying anymore. If you do, just pick yourself up and try again. Persistence eventually pays off.

Oh and by the way, don't drink that Tennents, it's Pee.