PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 18:43
ssg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahhahaha....

Your right Kerosine....let's not consider the passengers...what do they matter?

All I have ever said...I just think it's stupid to fly a burning uncontrollable wreck through the air, when I had 7000 ft of pavement ahead of me and a 100 miles of flat Iowa cornfields beyond that..

--------------

Mutt - Using max conintous power on take off I might have to reduce fuel(weight) to make whatever is the most limiting to be legal..usualy second segment climb gradient....I think it's safe to say that for second segment, that if I needed 2%, and I am doing 4000 ft/m in the climb I am doin ok..

But to be sure, with the radar alt climbing away, EGPWS showing clear terrain, I show right where I should be on the SID at the the right alt.(SA).using a variety of RMIs, FMS, EFIS tubes depicting VOR/DME and FMS /GPS info..

That answers your first two questions.

Missed Approach Gradient. This is based on standard aircraft performance specs...about a 2% climb gradient, the minimum...

Part 25 aircraft have to be able to do this...if the MAP is non standard...take Missoula MT for instance..down in a Valley...I have the NAPTN ILS appr. approval to fly down to 200 ft on the ILS vs 1200 by the way......because I proved to the FAA that my jet, single engine will climb out of there with thier non standard climb gradient on the procedure, which is higher...

Happy?