PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 19th May 2008, 14:32
Legacy-Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V Pay Fyi

At the VRD they showed (on a power point presentation) that C/C base pay was 37.5k "all rolled up" and when someone asked about overtime they indicated that the 37.5k "already covered that" and there was no talk of any sector pay.

They went on to be vague about the allowances except that they did say it would be "cash at the outstation" and that they expected to have it "confirmed in a couple of weeks".

So from my memory and the impression i was given you only get your base plus a cash allowance for meal money at the hotel.

Since i was interviewed in late April, you would expect that more recent VRD attendees would have better information about the allowances unless V are still spinning the same story that the allowances are "yet to be confirmed".

Also i know that the Cabin/Leader pay is circa 44k.

And Flight/Manager pay is 55k (plus a possible 5k performance bonus).

So QCCA looks better in all ranks.

It certainly is a bit of a joke and I'm rather surprised V has come in so low. They are offering bottom of the barrel conditions to pilots as well (see the pilot forums).

Anyone who has been to a VRD please confirm/correct me on any of the above if you have heard differently or have further information.

Cheers.

Last edited by Legacy-Lover; 19th May 2008 at 14:39. Reason: tidy up