PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 11:32
QuestionMaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to pick up on Gonzo's earlier post lack of preparation is one of my biggest gripes at interview as well. From starting at the college to validation and beyond is a steep learning curve with a lot of book work and it baffles me how some candidates expect to get onto that road without even bothering to read the stuff they are sent.

Gonzo is also correct that both HR and ATCO interviewers have no problems at all with people using this and other sites to trade hints and tips and exchange ideas. What is interesting though is the cloak of secrecy that applicants seem to think they have to draw over ever having been on here. Believe me it is usually obvious who has and who hasn't so mention it ! It is worth a couple of ticks in the preparation box.

The caution though, as I have said before, comes with people who think that information on here will help you to "beat" the process. There's loads of good stuff on here and my advice would be to focus on the info relating to the job (highs/lows, goods/bads what we do etc) and not allow yourself to get too bogged down in the "what questions did they ask" kind of stuff.

As for what we look for in Heathrow controllers we leaf through a psychology textbook - find some new and interesting personality disorders and then look for people with as many of them as possible