PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reliable FAA (PPL) Flight schools?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 11:11
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any reason why not to use Naples?
At the moment I don't have a PPL but wish to gain a fATPL within a couple of years. Having an FAA or a JAA PPL will enable me to sit the ATPL GS so it makes no difference really, it'll be upgraded to a CPL asap so not much point in converting it either.

I have looked into training for my PPL here in the UK and have been told to budget for around 2 months in the summer as a full time student or 6 months April - Sep as a part time student - Costs would be around £8k.

So the US does look pretty attractive due to the weather and exchange rates. Of the 4 US JAA schools I looked into Naples were the only people not to get back to me with questions I asked. EFT were probably the friendliest but the current EFT thread about refunds has put me off.

FAA PPL includes a Night rating and EAA are able to offer a new diamond fleet along with a good working environment. It’s next to Naples so I'm quite interested in this set up.

I've been on forums.jetcareersand nobody has a bad word to say about them? It may work out a little more expensive than the other bigger schools but maybe 'you get what you pay for' will be the a truth of it all?

I don't mind paying a little extra for good tuition as I don't want to pick up any bad habits that could become very costly to get rid of when it comes to CPL/IR time.

The other reason for choosing an FAA PPL is due to the reason I'll be keeping my options open to a FAA MEP/CPL/IR/CFI and the possibility of a FI job out there after passing the ATPL GS (while working FT).

I might choose one of the big 4 JAA schools when this time comes along on the other hand I may complete the rest of my training in the UK? ... I don't have a crystal ball

Keeping my options open for the time being