PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel
Thread: Fuel
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 10:58
Apple Tree Yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
,,,ooohhh, aren't we scared little rabbits then...? To clarify a bit, BA just agreed a dividend payout for the first time in years. If you were 'really' worried about fuel costs, you wouldn't be giving away the best part of a billion USD to your shareholders. Secondly, I don't really care to hear TT lamenting about fuel prices day in and day out to the employees. Why, because that has nothing to do with how I operate the A/C. I'll sort out 250/Mamas...he can figure out how to charge enough to pay for the fuel. Perhaps he and his cohorts could have realised that squeezing us over the past years of record revenue would eventually lead to this situation where they not only have to pay for fuel...but also pay for crew. Geniuses, really, all of them....

ps. when airlines less profitable than us start hitting their crews in the wallet, then i'll listen. Until then, we all expect our long overdue pay rises. For info TT, Delta just agreed 17 % plus another 3 % per year for 3 years, plus equity in the airline. Emirates also just increased pay for it's aircrew. Times are tough all over.