PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Execujet Middle East
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 09:08
Check360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check 360

I have watching this blog an have a few facts of my own to add. The AAM was let go for unfounded and uninvestigated reasons. And with no flight evaluation review, no counselling and NO NOTICE for a supposed incident that did not warrent disciplinary action. This pilot is a good pilot with, by the way, an excellent military and commercial flying record.

Can the people who fired him say the same? If so, let's scrutinize THEIR qualifications in the same manner the pilot's was. Let's see how those who made the decision to fire this pilot came to have that power in the first place. That would be fascinating, since, ironically, the SUM TOTAL of the aviation experience of the operations management at ejme is less than HALF of the lowest time co-pilot in the company. No kidding. Therein lies the core problem (and solution).

This pilot was let go last week because he argued strenuously for the very issues that the company is soliciting the pilots input on this week - better pay, a real medical coverage, travel conditions and above all, competent operations management. Fact is, he would have made a perfect chief pilot!

In the meantime, EJME brings on new aircraft every month onto the ramp. But staffing stays the same. Reason? Pilots won't come here with these dogmatic and inadequate mandates. Instead, they hire contract pilots at THREE TIMES the price to keep "control of the cost situation". By my count, this company has almost as many contract pilots now as it does full timers. Maybe we should rename EJME. How about ACASSME?

Cheers to all.