PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 08:03
loveJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in terms of the development the whole terminal is surrounded by 'works fencing/boarding' and a huge area has been completely flattened - the extra aircraft stands and the area for the new arrivals hall. to save money the work has been stopped so it can be delivered just-in-time. Althought to be honest this kind of illustrates the airports lack of understanding of airline operations. If an airport is not ready an airline simply won't land there, yet another missed opportunity. you won't get easyJet saying, ''oh keep 2 a/c by for BOH as it's new terminal will be ready soon'' ...

the thing that perplexes me is the fact that the airport doesn't work with the local university. There are a group of students taking a coach to Stansted to fly Ryanair to France. This is buts quite simply. and does the region no good whatsoever. The univesity should choose a destination based on where they can fly to from Bmth, and then claim reduced environmental impact as no motorway driving is necessary. D'OH! Come on guys, work together! Could even get a press release out of that.

anyway, all round pretty frustrating including waiting over 24 years for any kind of improvements at this airport. If MAG were to buy LGW I doubt selling BOH would help towards the cost, and if BAA were to buy BOH I have serious doubts over how well they would manage it with their vested interest in SOU. MAG need shot of HUY, not BOH. BOH is doing well for them financially i'm almosty certain of that.