PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 19th May 2008, 07:53
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too am fairly certain that buoy 15 is just getting a bit frustrated with the whole saga, and he like many others want it putting to bed. The problem is that accidents 'don't just happen' there is always a reason, and in many cases, as you say, it could not have been forseen or predicted.

The problem here is that it WAS forseen and it WAS predicted.

I have stopped posting on here about what might or might not have gone wrong. I now leave it to those who are far more current on the aircraft, however, it is clear to me that your comment of:
'What happened later was a failure that could not have been forecast or predicted by the best Crew chief, CFI, CDS, or God!' is simply incorrect - apart from the bit about God maybe.

Regarding your comparison with the car, could I just say that if your car manufacturer wrote to you saying that your brakes needed checking because there might be a problem, and your local garage/dealership said 'Oh it's nothing Mr b15, it will be ok' and ignored the warning and you then crashed with no brakes, would you just say 'oh it was a tragic accident?' I think not.