PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2008, 00:26
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they are assumptions in ignorance then I suggest you remove that ignorance by feeding in some information about what you do for a living??
No, that's really the point. It was you who asserted that the airline pilot couldn't possibly understand the vast knowledge acquired by the light airplane pilot or the corporate pilot who has flown freight...there you make false and ignorant assumptions just as you assumed regarding what I or anyone else here does. Those who disagree with you the vast majority, of course) couldn't possibly understand because none of us have your overwhelming experience. Truth is, most of us do, plus our own additional training and experience. Your statement was made in ignorance. It really doesn't matter what I do for a living, nor can you simply assume that I couldn't possibly understand the mystical world of corporate flying. Many of us have flown or do fly corporate aircraft.

What any of us do for a living isn't nearly so important as sticking to true and correct information here. It was you that introduced the idea that many of us here couldn't understand you, couldn't understand a light jet, and of course you're wrong. We can, based on our own experience. Many of us have the additional benifit of multiple aircraft types from big to small, and many different kinds of aircraft operations.

It really doesn't matter; in a Part 25 transport category airplane, rejecting the takeoff after V1 is a bad idea. Transport category aircraft have the performance and capability to fly off the runway when an engine is lost at or after V1, and meet specific minimum climb gradient criteria...which makes it the reason that V1 exists.

So far as a "V1 go" and a V1 stop...no, V1 is established as the point at which stopping is no longer part of the program, no longer in the cards. That being the case, it really doesn't matter if the profile is being flown by Joe Corporate Pilot or Joe Airline Pilot. Flight Safety International, CAE Simuflite, and other well known and recognized training facilities don't teach it differently, and it's not practiced differently by knowledgeable and professional flight departments.

There are always a few characters who think they can reinvent the wheel, however, as demonstrated in this thread.