PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orlando Flight Training.
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 22:14
Capt Loop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando Flight Training

After flying with them I will NEVER go back there again.

I last hired one of the aircraft over a year ago and now use Sunstate Aviaiton for rental. I mean a new 172 with G1000 cockpit for the same money as OFT.........

The airplanes all need serious maintenance. I hired a warrier and in the morning it had no oleo extention. I complained that it it was low and a little unsafe. After an hour a maintenance guy topped up the nitrogeon, I enquired that I had 5 landings I wanted to do today. He said it would be fine. After my first landing away it was so low again so I returned back to OFT and complained. I booked another airplane the following day. I saw the Warrior being used the next day with a "1cm" extension.....

OFT have had so many incidents at Kissimmee airport that all their instructors had a meeting at the FAA FSDO in Orlando. It was a very quiet day at Kissimmee airport last week..

You only have to fly around Florida to hear what other FBO's think of OFT. As a Brit I am always asked where I am from and what airplane I am flying and from whom. They always have BAD things to say about OFT. And it is usually maintanance and poor management.

Read the forums and you will see what the general comments are about OFT. I could go on and on as I had a bad experience with them.

Good luck in what you are trying to achieve.