PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you choose, R22 or 300CBi if a similar price?
Old 18th May 2008, 17:23
Pigeon-dodger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VeeAny...thank you very much for all your input. I do not think an older machine would be worth the risk of an expensive bit going wrong...just don't know its history.

Maintenance has turned out to be a pain, nearest I can find to London are Worldwide at Bournemouth. I might be able to do 50 hours at the field but if it does go tech, it will cost more to fix i guess as there are fewer maintenace people about . Think Worldwide bought all/some CSE's tooling when they went and seem the best bet.

I think it will work (or I may not lose too much). At the end of the day I just like the 300 and they have a great following. Basic market will be PPL(H), trial lessons and some self fly hire... I honestly think that many people will start flying on a certain machine for a range of factors...helicopter, club, instructor, PRICE and location. I think i have found the 'nice helicopter' and 'nice price' now need to work on the other bits.....

Anyone know what an average club machine will fly a year? I am guessing 200 to 300 a year?