PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spotted in cattle class
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 06:23
LapSap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Agree wongsuzie. The shift from a smiling provision of service to a "going-through-the-motions" type of atmosphere in EY has become very obvious over the past couple of years.
Meals are tossed at you now, while the FA is looking the other way or chatting to their colleague. Polite requests for a drink, other than water, are replied with "wait, the drink trolly will be around in 15 minutes". Of course even though the trolly goes past 20 minutes later, its closer to an hour by the time it reaches your row. The dash through the cabin calling "more coffee/tea" at a speed that ensures almost nobody will be able to ask for one is almost comical.
The polite request to lower/raise your window shade has been replaced by an aggressive lunge across your face without a word to slam the thing down at lightening speed, despite the fact that its 11 am and you're trying to read your book by natural light.
Then there's the lack of feel for anything mechnical- e.g. the constant slamming of the overhead lockers. Yes I know they've probably been taught to close them "positively" to ensure they latch properly but surely not the way some of them do it.

P.S. Can anyone tell me why the local FAs all seem to wear shoes about 3 sizes too big for them. Are they all issued a one-size-fits-all as part of their uniform?! Really looks incredibally sloppy the way they scuff, clip-clop their way through the terminal and I can't believe they don't get massive blisters if they have to walk any distance!