PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Blue on-board announcements
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 05:59
sprocket check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is turning out some interesting opinions, like the one where the poor kid that mentioned his drug use.

If you look at it pragmatically, it is the message that counts. If anyone can say that they listened to, absorbed and paid 100% attention to every briefing, they are superhuman.

As soon as the doors close and the aircraft air kicks in, oxygen starts decreasing, you've settled into your seat and your head starts feeling heavy, you start to dose off. Through the ambient noise you hear the bell of the announcement... 'aah that'll be the safety whatsimmejig...' anyone cute today? as you lean into the isle. Nah, just some old mothers club, net even qualifying for a MILF and some hairy leg in the second aisle.. brrr. Now, where's that magazine, oh hang on she's cute...but she's demoing the section behind me. S**t, just my luck. Where's that mag again...

Pax are not professional fliers, they are normal people that need to be told what to do in case of emergency. Entertainment is a BRILLIANT way of doing that. Better to be subjected to entertaining, shocking or even embarrassing safety briefing delivery that makes you wake up and take notice than sleep through it all together.

Surely safety is important enough that we don't need to have pole up the behind about the communication of the message?

I've been on flights where the FO has been so embarrassing I cringe even thinking about it, but all the pax around me took notice. Some OS airlines just use a video. Professional? Hardly, in order not to offend, they used animated figures, no sex, race etc specific, just in case they might offend. Unwatchable and incomprehensible.

just my 2c

sc