PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC King Air / BN Defender 4000 order
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2008, 02:35
MaroonMan4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here we go again.....

So before we waste too much time .......Jointery is not going to happen I tell you, we must all think single service and colours of suits because that is the true measure of a capability (isn't it?) and because it is fixed wing, the AAC have no right (or ability) to expand a capability or skill just as the other 2 Services shouldn't look to do UAVs, Satellites or whatever the new military direction is.

Now if I am missing something and Teenie Weenies are not in a position to operate this capability (whether in and out of Northolt or in the 'Gan') then please enlighten me - I am all ears.

Remember all us 'blue suiters' that said the Army Air Corps couldn't operate Apache, remember that headline in RAF news just prior to the first AH deployment (CH47 making Afghanistan safe for the Apache!) that backfired when the Apache and AAC crews did deliver in spades (and has subsequently saved/protected many a CH47 I believe) and made us all in blue look real single service 'knobs' up our own 'bravados'?

What we should be saying is - great,new capability long over due and something that the guys on the frontline want here and now - how can we help, do we have something from our years of ISR experience to assist you guys get it into service.

Rather than, 'it should be mine and I want to fly it'. I have no love or loyalty to the AAC, but before shooting from the hip we should maybe get our argument/facts in place first - otherwise when we really do want to raise a red flag and say 'hang on fellas' you guys might not be the best people for this job etc then people will maybe listen rather than the all too common 'computer says no' approach.