PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates DEC
Thread: Emirates DEC
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2008, 22:18
Pimp My Ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There would be no need to come to Dubai as a DEC if the sheckels were better. Truth is the F/O new joiner money + 9% isnt up to what most guys with 8000 hrs 3000 cmd are leaving behind.

So why come at all? Very good question. Actually an agonisingly good one. The LCC / short haul envirnoment isn't one you can survive indefinately. Its one big gamble, but count me in anyway.

The DEC route is the only option where the money at day 1 is ok. The F/O route is the more practical and may I suggest moral.....I'm coming as a F/O, and sorry to repeat myself again but the money isn't wonderful. From what I can see Emirates does not need DEC's, but they are handy and cheap and quick. Accountants like handy, cheap and quick. One other thing I think most have missed here, as far as I know the UAE and Dubai are not democracies, niether is Emirates Airlines. So if you take the gamble, like me you gotta be prepared to loose.

I havent joined yet and I know lots of guys with lots of command time to add to their new wide bodied time. This should equal wide body capt.