PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - California Flight Academy or Aviation Atlanta?
Old 17th May 2008, 19:44
psmd0311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how much do you have to lay down when you first get to the school $5000 isn’t it?

And what happened with the law suit? Who won that one? Who paid up what? It was the former chief pilot doing the suing, so it wasn’t a student, but it shows the character of the school and the owner. Why don’t you post the link to the case so we can all read it and make our own mind up?

What about the student who wanted to leave? But told if they leave the money on their account is kept as an “admin fee”

What about the student who took 4 or 5 months for a PPL. The school was so busy the guy could only get a in flight once a week.

I am not a flight school owner, I don’t work for a flight school. I just remember when I was training all of the little things flight schools would do to try to stop you from leaving or getting extra cash from you.

You don’t need to lay down large amounts of money when you turn up. Pay as you go, as long as you have money on your account to pay for the flight you are going on. If the school has a problem with this then go somewhere else.

If there is a discount when you pay all money upfront, there is a problem with the flight school, go somewhere else.

I flew with a friend in Florida, the flight school was charging a “fuel surcharge”. I still don’t understand this. You fill the plane up at a different airfield. Then get charged again by the school. Hmmmmm.

60 grand or whatever it costs now is a big investment, just be careful, and always be in a position where you can walk away and go somewhere else and not lose money you have already put down to a greedy flight school owner.

Remember you are the customer, they are not doing you a favor in letting you train with them.