PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAWB : Ticking Time Bomb?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2008, 09:49
Avi8tor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having spent the last few weeks back at my 'roots' at the 'boom, I wanna get my 5c worth.

FAWB has always been a training airfield and is ideal. Great runways, GFA is close and good facilities. Having done a 1000hrs of instruction there about 15yrs ago and over the last few years chopper instruction.

I have no idea why ATC now needs 'slots' for ex 12&13 and can't have more than THREE, yeah THREE!!!! in the circuit???? 15 yrs ago we had 7 in the circuit at night on a regular basis!!!

Sorry guys, don't blame the students, I refuse to believe the students have got worse in the last 15yrs.

I can honestly say that ATC, is without a doubt, the worst I have ever encountered. Case in point was last summer:-

It was before 7am and we were 3 choppers and 6 fixed wings happily doing our own thing. The siren went and this voice declared that 2 fixed wings and 1 chopper would have to make a full stop!!!

Sorry guys, get with the program or stay at home!!!

ATC needs to stop talking rubbish, and needs to listen out!!! The amount of wasted transmissions I have heard in the last 3 weeks is astounding!!!

- If I call downwind number 2, DON'T ask if I have the 1 ahead in sight.
- If I call ready for an immediate, don't ask again 30 sec later!!!!

and it goes on and on.

ATC at FAWB needs to put its ego in its pocket, and accept it needs a quantum change in attitude. Listen to what the industry is telling you!!!

If not, get Gav/Hendrik and the boys/girls back !!!