PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNav and VFR
Thread: RNav and VFR
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2008, 05:24
frothy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RNav and VFR

I don't want to start a bun fight but there is a bit of a situation awareness issue regarding IFR approaches and transitting or circuit VFR traffic.
This morning at GLA I had a dialogue with a Dash 300 who was doing an Rnav onto rwy 10. He was calling waypoints which is fine because I know where they are, but over about the last 12 months numerous VFR pilots have mentioned they didn't know where the wapoints were. Simple solution is to ask, but if the broadcast was to include bearing and distance to run it would allow situational awareness for the VFR people to adjust to fit in with the RPT blokes and blokettes. Here we all fit in pretty well and everyone seems to try and let RPT in first if they can. If the Dash bloke reads this, I hope you don't think I was trying to be a smarta*se, but it was to demonstrate the point that these VFR Pilots haven't got a plate sitting in front of them. You seemed to take it on board when I mentioned why the inquiry was made. That was me that gave you a wave from the hangar as you taxied out
I'm sure this is not isolated to this CTAF(R). I had this radio conversation this morning as we were the only two on frequency, hope it was taken as it was given.

good onya

Frothy
Co operation is the name of the game making things that little bit safer