PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay Review EK 2008
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 16:09
PITA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The recipe to retain experienced pilots is basing out of the Sandpit

Wow boys and girls,

Have been reading the thread so far and have been saddened at the lack of self worth being portrayed.

I am more than in agreement that there should be basing outside of the Sandpit. Please sign me up for the first basing.

Unfortunately, I have been here for a few years, and do not yet see a vision of allowing pilots to be based where they want to live. (and these guy's in charge " LOVE" to have a vision)

Does any one else see this?

We can achieve this if, and only IF, we stand together, and DO NOT accept the terms as put forth by the companies who are doing the hiring.

Now back to reality.

Does anyone here see that happening?....

Anyone please............?

We are truly our own worst enemies.

I like to read these threads to find out how the rest of the industry is doing. I made my choice to come over here to the Sandpit, and will have to abide by that decision.
Like it or not, I am stuck, as the rest of you with that decision, and will deal with it as best as I can.
(Yes there are such things as Dubai days, Qatar, Abu Dhabi , Bahrain ,Jeddah, etc.) but we persevere.

I made my move from the states.
Is it the best I can hope for? Only time will tell us that one.
It is better than where I came from? ( sadly yes.)

I did not want to come 6000 miles away from home, nor did most everyone else here. I am not alone in that decision. But I deal with it.

Now, what do WE as Pilots do to make this better?

There is a vast amount of knowledgeable people here reading these forums. Why can not we actually use the knowledge here for our own benefit, instead of just capitulating to the airlines who hire us?

Is this forum a BITCH session, or can we use it to our advantage?

Can we as a group, realize that we actually have something to bring to these airlines other than being ...(.God forbid for the lack of a better phrase) drivers, and be recognized for more than just another pretty face up front?

I leave that question open.

Go ahead and call me naive if you wish, but who is going to make the first step.......?

I can almost guarantee, it is not going to be the companies we work for.

Why the HELL should they?

Now let us have a real debate.
Bring on some good ideas that we can live with, instead of just going along with the flow.

They only have the power we give them.

PITA

Last edited by PITA; 17th May 2008 at 08:16. Reason: context