PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 15:47
WG774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was the London Chamber who referred me to their man. He runs a private clinic in St John's Wood, London - and also does NHS work, although I'm not sure where. I wanted to get in there ASAP, so I went private.

To be honest, unless you really are in a hurry, I'd suggest getting an appointment via the NHS. The NHS has a scheme whereby you can choose your consultant. If you're in the flying game, you are within your rights to insist on being referred to the Top Noggin, on the grounds that your career depends on it.

BTW - Aside from the wait, which can be pretty arduous, I don't think going private has any benefits really. If you want the TN though, I guess you could be talking about 2 weeks versus 2-6 months though, depending on where you are. No doubt, as with anything public service-related, waiting lists are shorter in Bonnie Scotland!

BTW - Jock, I have sent you a PM.

Oh yeah, before I forget - the consultant was optimistic about the prognosis for ET problems in general when I discussed it with him - he didn't paint a doomsday scenario whatsoever. Cheap he is not though...

Last edited by WG774; 16th May 2008 at 16:01.