PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A-320 Command or A-340/A-330 P2 ? What is a better choice ? Your 2 cents
Old 16th May 2008, 13:03
CEJM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where I have to agree with the previous poster about never turning down a command, there is also something else to consider.

Now you have an oppertunity to experience long haul flying for a couple of years before going back to the A320 only. If you choose the stay on the A320 till you get your command then the only experience you have got is short haul flying.

Personally I think that having experienced long and short haul flying can be invaluable in your career. With regards to the type of flying you prefer.

Don't know who your employer is but I would think that after years as a Capt on the A320 you will probably get a chance at being a Capt on the A33/340. However once you choose to be a Capt on the A330/340 can you move back to the A320 if you don't like it?

If not, then get your long haul experience in now so you will be able to decide if you like that kind of lifestyle. It would be a shame if you find out that long haul flying is nothing for you once you decided to join the A330/340 fleet as a Capt but can't move back to the A320.

Also it depends a bit on your age. If you got another 35+ years to go to retirement then 2 or 3 years more in the r/h seat shouldn't make a difference.

CEJM

Last edited by CEJM; 16th May 2008 at 13:05. Reason: typo